This article of entrepreneur.com describes a simple framework for solving problems which apparently the infamous Elon Musk uses. It’s actually quite simple and easy to summarize:
- Ask the underlying question, not just the easiest one to answer
- Collect evidence and information
- Develop a hypotheses based on the evidence and assign a probability for it
- Draw a conclusion
- Try to disprove this conclusion
- Work with the conclusion
While this is basic scientific thinking, the value comes from doing this deliberately. By starting on step 3 immediately we miss important opportunities which could even lead to disruptive innovation.
Related: The Theory of The 3 Why
- Use frameworks deliberately to seemingly obvious situations to reach excellence.
- How can we judge if we should use this framework or if it an overkill?
- Which framework helps you to excel?
- Where could this framework help you excel?
Development is fantasy for anyone who can’t explain their Focus.
Dan Rockwell, Leadership Freak
Article from mind the product about principles of prototyping from theory and practice. Keep on reading…
Very inspiring video of National Geographic which showcases the power of persistence and focus. Keep on reading…
The difference between successful and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost anything.
Because of an Input from my coach I decided to narrow down the scope of this blog. In future this blog will focus on: Innovation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship. What is missing, what is too much?
PS: I really like the new design, what do you think?