- Ask the underlying question, not just the easiest one to answer
- Collect evidence and information
- Develop a hypotheses based on the evidence and assign a probability for it
- Draw a conclusion
- Try to disprove this conclusion
- Work with the conclusion
While this is basic scientific thinking, the value comes from doing this deliberately. By starting on step 3 immediately we miss important opportunities which could even lead to disruptive innovation.
Related: The Theory of The 3 Why
- Use frameworks deliberately to seemingly obvious situations to reach excellence.
- How can we judge if we should use this framework or if it an overkill?
- Which framework helps you to excel?
- Where could this framework help you excel?