Article of ArtOfManliness.com about how to behave in a conversation. Written in 1692, but still true today. In today’s world I feel that regaining the virtues of a gentlemen is very worthwhile and can set you apart both in business and private. Let us honor our ancestors by rediscovering the virtues of civilized character and manners.
- Don’t lie or come near to it “Lying is a great offense against humanity itself; for where there is no regard to truth there can be no safe society between man and man …”
- Be soft spoken, never interrupt, get loud or reproachful
- Listen a lot, talk a little “lest you rob yourself at the opportunity to gain knowledge, wisdom, and experience by listening to those whom you silence by your “impertinent talking.””
- The way you communicate reflects strongly on your character.
- How can you polish your manners in order to be a pleasure to communicate with?